Cantoris

Ie11 Causes Barcode To Print In A Non-Scannable Form

Ian C - BarTender ninja @ Seagull

How are you generating the barcodes in Internet Explorer in the first place?  Are theses some sort of graphical item, a Windows barcode font, or a driver based barfont?

Cantoris

Thanks for your quick response Ian.  I've forwarded your question to the relevant people and am awaiting a reply.

Cantoris

Apparently the software uses TX Text and Windows fonts.  Toshiba have now been involved and it appears that the barcode is eventually coming through as a bitmap.  Sounds to me as though this is going to come down to some difference in rendering or scaling in IE11 vs IE9 that is being uncovered/exacerbated by the relatively-low DPI (203) of the printer..?

Cantoris

I found the following useful webpage: http://www.idautomation.com/kb/print-quality.html

I've now been shown where the (Code 39) barcodes are configured in a template in the web-app and they were using 10-point.  On increasing this to 12-point, the printed barcodes are now scannable.  Unfortunately they don't work at 6-point.

Something must have changed between IE9 and IE11 though  The barcode printed by IE11 does look a little more patchy.  Zero digits keep being interpreted as Zs.  :-(

Cantoris

Final update:  After ticking "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering" in IE11, it was able to print scannable barcodes once more at 10-point.  We'll be sticking with 12-point though given the advice from the page I linked above..!